This is responsible skilled technical computer aided design and drafting work in the production of complex engineering and planning maps, landscaping and construction designs and drawings and may include lead supervisory responsibilities over others engaged in similar, but less difficult, work activities. Work involves the application of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2020 software and manual techniques in the preparation of complex planning, construction and right-of-way plans, atlases, landscaping designs, and maps. Assignments may include preparing detailed designs and specifications of complex water, wastewater and reclaimed water lines, drainage systems, sprinkling systems, and other public works construction/alteration/repair projects involving locating utilities, easements, property lines and other information on the plans. Assignments require the use of sound judgment and reliable decision-making; the application of advanced AutoCAD Civil 3D 2020 skills and experience; and the ability to competently and independently manage a workload that may include competing demands and challenging deadlines.Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
Salary: $21.73 - $33.32 Hourly
Close Date: Open Until Filled To Qualify
- Have a valid high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Have two years of experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or courses in drafting, drawing, algebra, plane geometry, trigonometry, and computer aided design and drafting.
- Have considerable experience in engineering or comparable drafting work.
- Have some supervisory experience.
- Be proficient in the use of common business equipment and administrative support software, such as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be able to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately, both orally and in writing.
Desirable Qualifications. Preferred applicants:
- Have thorough knowledge of drafting and design nomenclature, symbols, terminology, methods, practices, and techniques of engineering or architectural drafting.
- Have thorough knowledge of mathematics as applied to standard drafting formulas used to define slopes, angles and to determine cut and fill volumes.
- Are able to prepare and correct drawings and maps using field notes, construction plans and property records.
- Have progressively responsible experience drafting plans for public works parks or planning projects.
Selection ProcessIMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For purposes of employment, re-employment, promotion, transfer or demotion, the most qualified applicants will be selected to continue in the hiring process. At this point, any prior criminal records will be verified. A prior criminal record will not necessarily disqualify a selected applicant from employment.
The City of St. Petersburg is committed to a Drug Free Workplace and compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing rules. Applicants may be required to successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and/or medical exams. How To Apply Apply online at www.stpete.org/jobs - Select Apply for Jobs/Register/View Job Postings. City employees must use the Current City Employee link or use a City computer to access iRecruitment Employee Candidate. The City of St. Petersburg is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity employment, and encourages individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply for posted positions. In accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes, qualified servicemembers/veterans and the spouses/family members of certain servicemembers/veterans receive preference/priority in employment. Eligible applicants are responsible to apply for Veterans’ Preference at the time of submission of any job application. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to apply, to interview for positions and to perform the essential job functions.