- POSITION PURPOSE
- Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs all MRI procedures in accordance with department policies and procedures. Operates auxiliary equipment including, but not limited to: laser camera, processor, magnetic tape/optical disk, administers intravenous and oral contrast materials as directed by protocol, assists with providing technical coverage 24 hours a day, seven (7) days per week.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Associate Degree: Radiologic Technology or a graduate of an accredited certification program in Radiologic Technology
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 1 to 3 years
- LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification required.
- A.R.R.T-MR required
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in diagnostic radiology.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy preferred.
- Working knowledge of clerical procedures as they are related to scheduling, record maintenance and patient preparation.
- Ability to read, write, speak, hear and comprehend the English language.
- PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Operates all MRI and ancillary equipment associated with the performance of routine and special computed MRI procedures; follows maintenance protocols at all times in order to ensure maximum equipment performance and minimize downtime. Proficiency in the use of all software upgrades is required.
- Utilizes proper MRI and positioning techniques in order to maximize film quality and minimize the need for additional scans. Must be able to move the patients on stretchers, in wheelchairs and on the MRI table. Must appropriately label images, document pertinent clinical information and use independent judgment to determine the steps necessary to complete each study. Must be able to perform intravenous injections of contrast material according to examination protocols.
- Assists the Radiologist and other physicians with special procedures; examine rooms and set up according to department/ physician protocols, sterile techniques may be required; pre-procedure questionnaires/consent forms are completed and are accurate.
- Accessing, entering and retrieving information for MIS is required.
- Must assist with the 24 hours a day, seven (7) days per week coverage, as needed.
- Receives and records verbal orders from licensed independent practitioners for orders that are specific to the services provided by their department.
- Administers medications in a timely manner, safely and in accordance with policy and procedure. #cb
Froedtert South is a comprehensive regional healthcare system that has served southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois communities for more than 100 years. Froedtert South provides services primarily through the Froedtert Kenosha Hospital and the Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital and several other clinic locations.
Froedtert South is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Froedtert South does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.