The Application Professional will be responsible for offering product expertise, application knowledge and technical support along each step of customer's process. The main missions are to ensure successful design, validation and implementation of our products, by supporting sales for product design, product positioning and demonstration, and supporting customers for application development work, initial startups and training.
Location: Home Office - Seattle
The Field Application Specialist will be responsible for offering overall product expertise, application knowledge and technical support along each step of the customer process for the Cell Culture Technology products. The main mission is to ensure successful application, implementation, qualification, and use of our products, by supporting sales for product positioning and demonstration whilst supporting customers for application development work, initial startup, training and trouble shooting.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support the Sales organization as the customer’s first point of technical contact on existing Cell Culture Technology products through product presentations and trainings, demonstrations, trials and application studies, and on new products in close collaboration with BA managers and product specialists through beta sites testing and product demonstrations
- Support Sales in the customer process, URS analysis & technical response, and generate application trials to help position products in line with the application requirements
- Provide technical qualification of sales opportunities
- Responsible for facilitating Technical Closure of the sale
- Assist customers for first product run, initial start-up and ensure training of the customer
- Support regional marketing initiatives
- Support Quality Department in the quality complaint process by troubleshooting and analyzing customers processes for better investigation and resolution
- Support the development of strong relationships with accounts within the assigned sales territory
- Report on competitors' products and feedback information to the Application Services Team Management
- Product and application expertise in cell culture, bioreactor, upstream bioprocessing
- Hands on experience for key applications
- Interface with product/project/division management
- Interact at various levels (sales, technical, users)
- Multi-task and prioritize activities accordingly
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Computer proficient in Windows-based software package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Bachelor's degree in biological engineering or life sciences
- 3+ Years biopharmaceutical industry experience, R&D/PD/Scale-up/GMP preferred
- Travel up to 30%
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
Further insights into our world of work can be found here.Reference Number R4497 Job Begin August 03, 2020 Employment Mode Full time Position Regular Functional Area Sales Location Home Office Washington ( United States of America ), Seattle ( United States of America )