Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, install and repair production and/or facilities machines and equipment in accordance with established manufacturing procedures to achieve efficiency, quality and optimum production objectives.
- Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service requirements.
- Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards
- Follow and commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Install, diagnose, analyze, maintain, modify, repair and/or rebuild a variety of plant and facility equipment
- Repair equipment during mechanical breakdowns or assist other staff in repairs
- Assist production personnel in change-over and set-ups
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas or to install new or repaired parts
- May perform one or more of the following responsibilities within production or facilities maintenance:
- Communicate with operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human error contributed to the problems
- Layout, assemble, install and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Assist machinist / fabricators in fabricating parts
- Follow specification of basic blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings, install, maintain and repair equipment, machinery, physical structures and plumbing/electrical systems.
- Use tools ranging from common hand tools and power tools, such as hammers, saws, drills and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments, and electrical and electronic devices.
- Operate Powered Industrial Truck (PIT), hoist, crane, and aerial lift
- Inspect, operate, or test faulty machinery, equipment, programmable controllers, and motors to diagnose machine malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and apply knowledge of the functional operation of machinery
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment to detect and prevent problems to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly and operate efficiently
- Maintain accurate documentation for assignments, machine repairs, parts inventory, and maintenance logs
- Prioritize work assignments to ensure efficiency and that production schedules can be met
- Train other Maintenance Mechanics as required
- May troubleshoot basic electrical equipment problems such as changing fuses, buttons, and switches
- Utiltize specific knowledge for a variety of skilled trades, including but not limited to, production and facility machinery and equipment, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, pipefitting, carpentry, utilities, etc.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Three (3) years’ experience performing preventive maintenance, diagnostics, and repair, or comparable experience with trade school or training
- Special knowledge in use of hand-tools, power-tools, [additional specializations such as machining, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, electrical, etc].
- Math skills to include simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Familiar with and ability to convert decimals to fractions or vice versa
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot moderately complex problems including knowledge of machines and tools, their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature and pressure gauges
- Ability to observe, follow, understand, and evaluate processes demonstrated and other workplace procedures
- Proficient in reading and following basic blueprints, manuals, and mechanic and electrical schematics
- Experience operating test equipment and/or software
- Experience operating various hand and power tools
- Working knowledge of automated controls
- Ability to operate Powered Industrial Truck (PIT), hoists and cranes, and maintain PIT certification
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
- Constant exposure to extreme heat, loud noise, dirt, dust, odors, and fumes
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in required areas
- May be required to work additional hours including weekends, holidays, and/or overtime
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Vocational, Technical or Associate Degree in Machine Tool, Machine Maintenance, Industrial Electrician, Electro-Mechanics, Mechatronics Technology, Automation Controls, Robotics or related field
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to modify basic reports, documents and spreadsheets in MS Word, and MS Excel
- Experience in electrical and mechanical trades such as HVAC, PLC, and CNC
- Paper converting, chemical/plastics processing and/or packaging industrial experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.