The Software Developer/Engineer will develop and support cutting edge software enabled products for customers in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. The holder of this position will gather requirements, prototype, design, develop, build, unit-test, document, including test and functional documentation, and package. The goal is to work closely with product management to define and shape the products.
Sartorius is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to develop and support cutting edge software enabled products for customers in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. The iQue product platform integrates robotic laboratory automation, flow cytometry (analytical instruments for measuring cells and particles), and informatics software to rapidly analyze samples and convert the huge amounts of data generated into useful information for our customers.
Learn more about the iQue platform here: http://sartorius.com/intellicyt
Job activities include gathering requirements, prototyping, design, development, build, unit-testing, documentation including test and functional documentation, and packaging. You will need to work closely with product management to define and shape the products.
- Gathering, analyzing, and defining requirements for new complex software functionality with input from product managers, customer feedback, and internal R&D teams.
- Engineering and development of sustainable software systems through the use of prototyping, clear software design, and participating in design reviews. Written code must be clear, easy to maintain, high quality and optimized for performance and memory usage.
- Writes comprehensive design, functional, and quality assurance test documentation.
- Implements automated testing at the unit and nightly regression framework levels.
- Validation of correct software and hardware system operation.
- Provides assistance to technical support team and R&D teams as needed.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in developing commercial software products in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Excellent development skills with proven expert-level proficiency in C# and C or C++.
- Strong, demonstrable, object-oriented and software development skills and ability to work constructively in a team environment.
- Proven experience with modern software engineering processes and methodologies; experience in the various stages of the software engineering lifecycle.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following desired: Windows Forms, WCF, WPF, SQL and database programming, hardware control/interfaces (serial, network, USB), graphical user interface development, memory and performance optimization, data analysis and visualization, graphing tools, and parallel programming.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Must have strong personal initiative and be results oriented.
- Previous experience building scientific software
- Proven experience generating quality documents including functional requirements, detailed technical design documents, etc.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of Engineering principles and its application in solving complex technical problems with minimal guidance
- Strong data analysis, big data, and/or machine learning experience.
- Highly motivated self-starter with “make it happen” attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Results-oriented with sense of urgency
- Strong at prioritizing so that goals can be met or exceeded
Bachelor degree or Master degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a comparable scientific field
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
E-Verify Participation Info
E-Verify Workers Rights
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
Further insights into our world of work can be found here.Reference Number R4799 Job Begin October 05, 2020 Employment Mode Full time Position Regular Functional Area Research and Development Location Albuquerque ( United States of America ), Home Office New Mexico ( United States of America )