The Engineer will be responsible for conducting research and development activities for the organization. The holder of this position will be applying research theories, principles, and models when conducting experiments and research activities. The goal of the Engineer is to summarize research results and communicate the findings to internal and external stakeholders.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for bioprocess engineering of biopharmaceutical systems related to functional design and automation software. The incumbent will focus on customer satisfaction (quality, time lines and technical satisfaction) and economical/cost efficient project execution.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
Technical Sales Support / Concept Phase
- Technical clarification of customer requests in cooperation with the ISM, local Sales, AS and KAM
- Review of customer URS, preparation of deviation list and proposing alternative technical solutions for field of expertise
- Development and design of automation concept and layout
- Preparation of technical description/specification as well as cost evaluation for automation system
- Support during technical customer meetings
- Interface with Automation suppliers to support quote request definition, timing and accuracy
- Responsible for bioprocess engineering of biopharmaceutical systems related to the automation hardware and software design
- Development of automation hardware and design documents
- Manage automation activities and vendor coordination for assigned projects
- Consideration of relevant global / local and industry standards within design phase
- Responsible for Software FAT and support of FAT/SAT activities
- Update of functional design documents after FAT/SAT
Skills and experience that you need to bring into the company:
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related degree.
- 3+ years of experience in automation / controls engineering in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of ISA-S88 Batch Standard and GAMP 5 – Risk-Based Approach to Compliant GxP Computerized Systems
- Understanding of regulatory requirements associated with cGMP manufacturing.
- Ability to interpret PFD’s, P&ID’s, Functional Design Specifications, Electrical Schematics and detailed design documents.
- Fluency in business English and good communication skills in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required (English). German optional.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio.
- Travel Requirements – Up to 15% Travel
- Openness to 1 – 3 month training trip in Guxhagen, Germany is a plus.
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
E-Verify Participation Info
E-Verify Workers Rights
Interested? Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organisation suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognised for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
To find out more about Sartorius as an employer visit us on Sartorius Careers
Become part of our global team.Reference Number R4943 Job Begin October 01, 2020 Employment Mode Full time Position Regular Functional Area Research and Development Location Hopkinton ( United States of America )