Job Title: IT Programmer and Developer
As the IT Programmer and Developer reporting the the Director of IT you will be responsible for managing the full project lifecycle including designing, developing, selecting, integrating and maintaining database-driven applications, systems and/or networks.
You will do this by:
- Managing multiple IT projects while prioritizing and scheduling tasks.
- Adhering to the standards and guidelines of Information System Technology Methodology.
- Working within set company and unit standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintaining an up-to-date technical knowledge and understanding of practical programming application.
- Working on existing applications as well as creating new applications
- Assisting with helpdesk issues when appropriate
- Maintaining user confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential.
- Preparing reference materials for users by writing operating instructions and technical documentation of data, processes or procedures.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Responsibilities and impact may crossover technical fields/functions.
You are the kind of person who:
- Loves to problem solve and is resourceful
- Thinks analytically and outside of the box
- Can work well with all levels of an organization
- Can work well in critical situations
- Can manage multiple projects at the same time with competing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years’ relevant job experience to include:
- Development methodologies, tools and relational databases.
- Applications design and development within large information technology organizations.
- Strong knowledge of SQL queries and the display of data in a meaningful method in applications
- .NET (VB or C#) coding, unit testing, documentation, debugging and oral and written communications.
- Scripting, high-level administration and programming.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7 + year’s relevant job experience
- Experience working in the manufacturing industry
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Strong knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- 1-3 days per week as needed between our Watertown, Waukesha, Sun Prairie (WI) and Rockford (IL) locations.
- Office and Manufacturing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Location: Sun Prairie, WI or Watertown, WI
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 12 days Paid Time Off minimum to start
- FSA (Health and/or Dependent Flexible Spending Account)
- And more!
Who we are:
At Fisher Barton, we combine years of experience across multiple industries to deliver unparalleled innovation. Our world-class talent understands the behavior of materials and develops leading-edge solutions that meet your unique needs. We’re more than a source for high-quality parts; Fisher Barton is your resource for the highest quality solutions you’ll find—anywhere.
Fisher Barton is an equal opportunity employer who welcome and encourages diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to any status or characteristic protected by law.