Full-Time/Part-Time? Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities
Teach Statisics & Mathematics courses-undergraduate and graduate
Perform faculty service to the department, college and/or university.
- Ph.D in Statistics or equivalent
- Prior experience teaching university statistics and data analysis courses.
US Export Compliance Requirement
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Active in research in statistics/data science and strong research potential.
- Ability to participate in/contribute to doctoral program.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Successful experience with diverse populations.
- Willingness to accommodate a variety of learning styles and strategies in instructional delivery and learning activities, including online and blended learning, flexible teaching methods, and applied learning approaches.
Required Licenses, Certificates & Registrations
All employees of Wichita State University are expected to support the WSU Vision, Mission and Values and foster an environment of diversity in culture, thought and experience.
All candidates for faculty positions should be able to demonstrate the ability to successfully educate and empower a diverse student population.
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by Board of Regents policy.
Location Wichita, KS - WSU Main Campus
Proposed Salary or Hourly Rate Negotiable
Eligible for Shift Differential? No
Benefits Eligible? Yes
- Research area compatible with faculty research interests
- Successful classroom teaching experience
- Progress toward establishing a strong research record
- Expectation of developing externally funded research grants
- Strong computing skills
Regular Hours of Work TBD
Walking outside to classes in all types of weather.
Lab chemicals/radiation stored in building basement.