National Grid is hiring a Senior Gas Training Instructor for our Springfield Garden location in Jamaica, Queens.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.Job Purpose
Deliver high quality learning experiences that meet clients' technical, regulatory and safety learning needs through a blended learning approach and support the design and development of learning solutions. At the highest level the role will act as a technical subject matter expert for the US.Key Accountabilities
- Deliver technical training programs to clients through a blended learning approach, such as hands on activities to stimulate real tasks, ensuring that National Grid is effectively providing training in line with external requirements, operational priorities, and best practice.
- Support the design and development of cohesive and innovative curriculum and training programs in order to meet client learning requests.
- Liaise with the business, acting as a technical training advisor for various departments throughout the company in order to resolve any queries or issues.
- Administer testing and conduct physical and technical assessments.
- Represent technical training as the subject matter expert on various committees in order to ensure that technical training is represented and understood in the business.
- Conduct assessments of training needs associated with the introduction of new equipment, procedures and technology to ensure that National Grid incorporates best practice into learning methods and programs.
- Participate as a subject matter expert during the modification and creation of new technical training programs by the Design and Development areas of Learning and Development.
- Keep up to date on training developments in order to ensure that innovation and latest learning requirements and ideas are incorporated into National Grids technical training programs.
- Define, create and deliver training programs such as preparing lesson plans and developing instructor materials and assessments in order to meet the learning and development needs of the business and ensure all external requirements are met.
- Coordinate learning records administration including monitoring course completions, attendance, assessments, and qualifications.
- Represent L&D as the subject matter expert including governance bodies, transformation and best practice committees and other technical committees in order ensure that L&D is represented and understood in the business.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of Gas Field Operations experience, extensive knowledge of Gas Maintenance and Construction, and
A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Supervisory experience and/or advanced degree in Education or a related field is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills including active listening and presentation skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to perform in a team environment, collaborate with others, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of technical and safety policies / procedures/ standards and regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of training and development principles and adult learning theory
- Working knowledge of personal computers and various business related software
- Must possess a valid driver's license with safe driving history.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.