We Are Hiring
Chaplain - If you are an experienced chaplain who has a strong passion for Women and Infant patients - please apply today!
Ascension St. Joseph Hospital Spiritual Services Milwaukee WI
Full Time Days | 40 Hours Weekly | Hours will be Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm with participation in on-call rotations for evenings, nights, and weekends.
Ascension St. Joseph Campus has had a special place in the community for more than 130 years – offering compassionate, expert health care. While we may be known as “The Baby Hospital”, St. Joseph Campus is dedicated to providing a lifetime of care, for a variety of health care needs. We are well-known for our outstanding high-risk obstetrical and neonatal care, as well as world-class cardiac, critical care, surgery and physical rehabilitation services. St. Joseph Campus is an academic, referral, tertiary level care facility providing acute and subacute care from our hospital on Chambers Street. Using the most up-to-date equipment and technology, our highly-skilled staff is ready to provide patients with exceptional medical care.
Why Join Ascension?What is in it for you?
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our associates inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Affordable Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Retirement Matching
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.
- Paid Time Off: As a new Ascension associate you will begin to accrue paid time off with your first paycheck.
Tuition reimbursement: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from our tuition reimbursement program. You will also have the opportunity to take advantage of one of four online universities partnering with Ascension associates seeking a Bachelor or Master degree; offering them either discounts, scholarships or go at your own pace learning options.
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension-WI, you will have the opportunity to provide religious and spiritual care and counsel for emotional and spiritual distress to patients, their families, associates and others with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Provides pastoral care to the local ministry and community through performing sacraments, rituals, blessings and liturgies.
- Participates and collaborates with others in the delivery of holistic patient care.
- Builds and maintains relationships with patients, families and associates through regular visitations and communication in order to create spiritual and religious connections.
- Mentors Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) students and fellows.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Board Certification from the ACPE, APC, NACC, CASC, or the NAJC at time of hire or job transfer (or obtained within two years of hire or job transfer; risking termination if not obtained within timeframe) is required. For those not board certified at time of hire or job transfer, ecclesiastical endorsement is required.
- Diploma Masters Degree in Divinity, Theology, or a related field from an accredited school is required 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by the ACPE is required
- 3-5 years of healthcare experience as a chaplain is preferred. Two years of experience working with women/infants and perinatal loss in healthcare strongly preferred.