Summary of Position:
The Senior Engineer is responsible for the operations and feature content of next generation wireless services presented through showcases and virtual tours. The Senior Engineer will also take the lead for the day-to-day operations and support of next generation demonstrations in 5G, NB-IoT, drones and Augmented and Virtual Reality. This position will provide ongoing support for demonstrations used in daily tours, including executive meetings, high profile visitors, and events.
- Aid with our showcase’s platform operations and maintenance
- Lead demo setup and shut-down
- Document all processes for all demos
- Monitor performance levels of displays and demos
- Provide proficient technical leadership in the troubleshooting and resolution of demo and system impairments
- Troubleshooting the full spectrum of faults in processes and displays
- Develop comprehensive training materials and willingly present it effectively to a variety of audiences
- Strive to remain current on new concepts, technologies, and systems being introduced to a mobile network and assist other engineers in understanding them
- Observe and note the impact of these new systems on current operations
- Develop and recommend process improvements or changes to improve current operations or to accommodate technical changes as needed
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; interviewing process supervisors and operators; completing troubleshooting procedures
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system
- Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations; monitoring unit performance
- Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Ensures Accountability
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Values Differences
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Plans and Prioritizes
- Decision Quality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine, and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 25lbs across the building and/or to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or an equivalent experience
5+ years of experience
- Familiar with wireless technology, services, and terminology
- Excellent troubleshooter and problem solver
- Displayed expertise in MS Office Suite
- Advanced training or displayed aptitude in coding in C++ and Python
- Utilize strong problem-solving skills to recognize problems and develop a corrective action plan
- Work effectively to resolve issues with the team and be able to adapt to diverse interpersonal styles
- Effectively and reliably communicate and influence team members and leaders to enable action and decision making by the team and/or governance
- Apply learnings from assignments on prior projects to new projects when applicable
- Displays exceptional verbal, written, and listing for understanding skills
- Strong ability to tailor communication style to specific audiences Travel may be required
- Cross-functional team leader (indirect management)(Desired) Certifications in focused areas such as project management, agile methodologies, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, or any related industry certifications(Desired) Licensed drone pilot
3MD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.