- 3+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
- 2+ years of experience as a visual UI designer, interaction designer or similar role
- Experience in a design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, Adobe CC and Keynote.
Amazon’s Device Design Group has launched revolutionary products like Echo, Fire TV, Alexa Communications, and more. Are you interested in joining the team to lead Amazon’s next innovation?
In this role, you will collaborate with a team of world-class multi-disciplinary designers to invent and deliver the core UX/UI building blocks that align and extend the Alexa experience across all Alexa-enabled devices. You will concept and craft unique and compelling visual designs for Alexa experiences, collaborate with interaction designers, researchers, engineers and product managers through the design and development lifecycle. As a tastemaker and storyteller, you will advocate for design excellence – contribute to product vision, and define visually compelling UI designs for Alexa experiences. This role is based in Seattle, WA.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen eye for elegant, modern design, and UI patterns. You think holistically, and craft the "why" of all that we ship – advocating for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and customer goals. You have an understanding of visual systems and best practices, including layout, typography and have a curiosity and eye for pushing visual design in interfaces forward. You are engaged in both visualizing an experience in the abstract and driving that vision into concise deliverables and hands-on building with engineering teams. You can present your ideas confidently in the creative reviews, inspire innovative design solutions, and a passion for elevating the visual experience of millions of Alexa customers around the world.
Learn more about working as a designer at Amazon, visit https://amazon.design/ and our Dribbble team at https://dribbble.com/AmazonDesign.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- A well-crafted portfolio that demonstrates experience creating
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through design concepts, case studies, documentation, mockups and style guides
- innovative, user-centered visual design solutions
- Experience creating inspiring Northstar design concepts that inform the future vision for a digital product
- Experience collaborating with motion designers and illustrators
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience partnering with technical product and engineering partners for design implementation
- Experience designing for mobile apps or other interactive digital platforms.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision and Principle
- Ability to navigate ambiguity to drive the design cycle and multitask in an fast-paced environment