At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Operations Coordinator Administ reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Coordinates and troubleshoots administrative efforts of the academic office for physician and administrative leadership by handling the diverse needs of the department including those related to facilities, information systems, communications and office equipment.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms control, supplies inventory and office resources.
- Utilizes appropriate resources within the institution and department to provide consultation, education, technical, or informational services to internal and external customers.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures pertaining to the operation of the department under the direction of department leadership.
- Coordinates all aspects of departmental/faculty calendars by coordinating meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
- Maintains adequate inventory of office supplies and orders special items as needed, always ensuring compliance with purchasing policies.
- Actively participates in hiring and termination discussions for administrative staff in the department.
- Actively participates in performance coaching/mentoring and provides regular feedback to the administrative staff in the department.
- Prepares itineraries and travel arrangements for faculty recruitment efforts.
- Provides administrative support to physician leadership within the department as required, including answering phones, screening and directing calls, scheduling all appointments meetings, managing calendars, making travel arrangements, preparing and delivering correspondence and maintaining confidential departmental files.
- A minimum of three years of experience in an administrative role within academic healthcare.
- Proficiency in use of office-based technologies/software and maintaining data in enterprise-wide systems, particularly Microsoft Office software and PeopleSoft.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in collaborating with academic physician leaders.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.