CURRENT Jefferson County employees
Do NOT apply here
Apply in Workday using Find Jobs
Jefferson County Government, CO
Category:Enforcement & Protective Services SO Detention Services Administ
Are you seeking more than a paycheck ?The Inmate Services Technician serves as the first level for the booking intake of arrestees, inmate money and property, and maintains jail records throughout the inmate's incarceration.
Do you want to serve your community in a way that's friendly, composed, and professional? At JeffCo, we are looking for customer-focused individuals just like YOU who take pride in their work, have an eye for detail, and believe in a positive attitude. Whether you are coming from a job where travel is mandatory, or leaving a company with an overwhelming schedule, you can find a better quality of life working with the JeffCo community. We offer exciting benefits such as flex time, generous holiday schedules, and regular business hours so you can stay put, spend more time with family, and enjoy all the amenities Jefferson County has to offer!
If you are looking for a great opportunity for your career to take off, then this position welcomes you to work for a County that thrives on working collaboratively and overcoming challenges. We are seeking someone who has a strong work-ethic, is a self-starter, loves what they do and is motivated to share their knowledge and experience with those who they work with.
Under general supervision, an Inmate Services Technician performs specialized administrative and accounting work for the Detention Services Division of the Sheriff's Office.
Technicians are responsible for calculating an inmate's release date, as well as determining whether an inmate is eligible for release from custody. Other responsibilities include scheduling court appearances, notifications regarding inmate release, analyzing, monitoring and updating the custody status, charges, bonds, and cash account balances for inmates throughout their incarceration, which results in interaction with inmate detainees. The work also includes using multiple computer systems to enter, retrieve information, and provide information to incoming calls from the public and information requests from inmate-detainees.
***This position works irregular hours (Shift Work), and includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays.***
- Oversee inmate intake and release by reviewing file to determine if stipulations for booking and release are satisfied. Release inmate property and funds upon verifying paperwork accuracy and completeness. Prepare surety or cash bonds for release. Release all inmate property. Process various charges to inmate cash accounts.
- Maintain database information by calculating, awarding good time, accounting for mandatory time and verifying inmate release dates. Analyze documents and enter into system. Add and release charges to inmate file. Prepare documents for inmate release upon verifying all inmate data. Interact with inmate to verify information, dates and charges.
- Convey inmate information by responding to inquiries regarding inmate details. Respond to questions regarding inmate sentencing and other situations. Schedule and document inmate court appearances.
- Authorize non-professional off site visits for inmates. Verify visitor’s identity and eligibility for on-site visits. Monitor visits to ensure compliance with all protection orders and jail regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The position requires shift work including: days, night, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Keyboarding 40 wpm
- Minimum of one year relevant experience
- Relevant experience includes (but is not limited to): cash handling experience, customer service experience, and data entry experience
- Applicants should have intermediate reading, math, and writing skills.
- The Candidate will obtain CBI certification and Notary certification within six months of hire.
Each applicant must be willing to submit to :
- Written Testing/Job specific testing
- Oral Interview(s)
- Polygraph Exam
- Background Investigation to include a criminal, driving, and credit history check
- Medical Exam (Job Specific Testing)
- Psychological Exam
Since this position requires experience, it is to your benefit to identify and describe all of your relevant experience.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY INCLUDING EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
(Please go back TEN years for employment history, include all jobs. (All applications must be submitted prior to the closing date and time.)
Position required to work overtime. Shift work includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays .GED, High School Diploma: Work Experience:Minimum one year