What?s the job?
As a Room Attendant ? you?ll make sure our rooms and suites are always ?fresh and welcoming? for our guests after a busy day of work or leisure ? creating a haven for them to escape and relax in ? or get that last bit of work done.
- You?ll make sure our rooms are always at their best ? we have standards ? but it?s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests
- Help guests ? you?ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example
- Keep your supervisor updated on room service progress and alert them to any repairs needed
- Safety awareness ? follow our established safety procedures at all times ? and wear protective equipment when needed
- Be organized ? keep on top of supplies and amenities and always try to minimize waste
- Reunite items with owners ? and log any lost and found property
- Look smart ? wear your uniform with pride
- Other ad-hoc duties ? unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects
- May assist with other duties as assigned
What we need from you
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- This is a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day and will be expected to stand for your entire shift.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- You might need to bend and kneel to complete some activities.
- Literacy skills, such as reading, writing and basic math skills are required.
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays