Rosewood Washington DC
Ideally located in the charming neighborhood of Georgetown, alongside the historic C&O Canal, Rosewood Washington, D.C. features 55 rooms, 12 suites, and 6 townhouses. The hotel, which opened in 2013, offers ample privacy, bespoke guest services and a tangible connection to the culture and traditions of the nation’s capital.
In addition to its enviable location, Rosewood Washington, D.C. presents its guests with peerless amenities and facilities. Overlooking the picturesque canal, CUT by Wolfgang Puck and CUT Bar surprise and delight with a creative, seasonally inspired menu and masterful libations. On the rooftop, CUT Above, a wraparound bar and lounge area boasts a stunning indoor-outdoor swimming pool and sweeping views of the Potomac River, Washington Monument, Roosevelt Island and the spires of Georgetown University. Fitness and spa services, private dining and meeting venues, and a calendar of intriguing curated events and occasions round out the hotel’s remarkable offerings.
Guest Service Agent- Part Time Position
Overview: Responsible for the guest arrival and departure experience. Ability to transport guest luggage to/from guestrooms as well as park and retrieve guest vehicles. Escort guests to rooms and inform guests of all hotel amenities and features. Responsible for attending to immediate needs of each guest upon arrival, throughout their stay and during departure. Express thorough knowledge of all hotel services and amenities.
- Support, maintain and adhere to all safety, health and sanitary guidelines and recommendations issued by Rosewood, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; OSHA, Federal and local DC Government to mitigate exposure and spread of COVID-19.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Thorough knowledge of all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain hotel property to include bell carts, bikes, umbrellas and all other equipment.
- Assist with Butler services.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room.
- Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes.
- Transport guest luggage from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
- Assist in locating guest's lost luggage.
- Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from holding room.
- Identify fire exit closest to guest's room and explain safety features of assigned room.
- Identify and explain guest room features to include use of:
air conditioning/heat units and thermostat controls
guest services directory
in room safe
- Offer packing/unpacking service; explain pressing and laundry service.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations.
- Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries of transportation within the local area.
- Remain in assigned post position, maintaining correct stance.
- Retrieve guest dry cleaning/laundry from rooms and deliver processed items.
- Deliver items to guest rooms promptly to include.
- Monitor and maintain appearance of lobby areas and luggage holding room.
- Polish brass luggage carts and maintain cleanliness of carts.
- All other duties as required.
The list of responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by this position. The company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
Experience: Prior hospitality experience, preferably in a similar bell or door position.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education required.
General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Schedule: Flexible availability is required for this position to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Technical Skills: Thorough knowledge of all hotel services and amenities; ability to provide clear directions. Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding and difficult guests; ability to perform job functions to standards under pressure; ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guests and their information; ability to work with direct supervision.
Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting a minimum of 35 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, push and pull, remain standing stationary for long periods of at time throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Licenses & Certifications: Valid Driver’s License with the ability to drive manual and automatic vehicles.