Begin Your Rosewood Journey
We believe that life is made of many journeys: inspiration, wonderment, curiosity, or the simple joy of discovering something new every day. If you share the same sentiment, then this opportunity is for you.
We are looking for a Full-Time Cafeteria Prep Cook to join our Culinary Team!
Work as part of the culinary team to produce lunch & dinner menu items, including items pertaining to diets, tray line needs, and special events, specifically for the Associate Cafeteria. Work closely with the Chef, Sous Chefs, and the Culinary Team to assure that the company dining needs are met in a timely manner and assist in supervising and teaching prep cooks the proper handling techniques of food, equipment, and food prep.
In addition to his or her food preparation duties, a prep cook may also be responsible for completing a large number of smaller tasks. Such tasks could include ensuring that leftover food is stored properly, performing kitchen maintenance.
- General prep for designated F&B outlet
- Occasionally may be required to train new colleagues and assist with cross-training initiatives.
- Must follow the golden rule support the kitchen in a variety of assisting roles
- Follow posted recipes and pick up charts at all times, must-have recipes available
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds vegetables and fruits.
- Cleans, cuts, and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Dips food items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them.
- Stirs and strains soups and sauces.
- Weights and measures designated ingredients.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator.
- Stores foods in designated areas.
- Cleans work areas, equipment, and utensils, segregates and removes garbage
- Inform the Chef de Partie and/or Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Prepare recipes according to department standards.
- Prep as directed by Chefs de Partie and/or Sous Chefs
- Reading prep Requisitions and making sure all products are prepared to the Executives Chefs Expectations.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner whilst at work.
- Be known for being honest, reliable, confidential, and trustworthy.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the manager and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure guest and employee privacy and security by respecting confidential information
- Anticipate and address guests service needs.
- Be proactive, ask questions, and be responsible for the action or lack of action.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by the manager and other members of the management team in a timely manner.
- Weekends and holidays required
About Rosewood Miramar Beach
Rosewood Miramar Beach features 161 ultra-luxury guestrooms across 16 acres, including a glamorous Presidential Residence, a Bridal Suite, and multi-bedroom family bungalows nestled among rolling lawns and mature landscaping. Guests are treated to estate-style service, entirely personalized to complement their every need. Amenities include an oceanside bar and restaurant with an outdoor terrace, a signature restaurant, two swimming pools, a Sense® spa, a state-of-the-art fitness center, a beach club, and a screening room. In addition, the resort offers 12,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space including a 6,000-square-foot ballroom.
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Complimentary Room Nights
Connect with us
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rosewood-hotels-&-resorts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RosewoodMiramar
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rosewoodmiramar
- Minimum two years experience in kitchen preparation and cooking for a 4- or 5-star hotel or restaurant.
- High school diploma and culinary background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to work quickly and accurately at all times; adaptable to a range of activities in any given day – an effective team worker; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work with minimal supervision; maintain the confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Thorough knowledge of all kitchen services and amenities; ability to provide clear directions.
- Required to speak, read and write English, and do basic mathematics. Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting food and kitchen items, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Certifications as required to comply with local law
- Serv Safe Management Certification or Food Handlers Certification required