The In-House Recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: recruiting, screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external). This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partner with Directors to determine staffing needs.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Ensures appropriate assessments are completed.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone, web or in person),
- Conducts reference checks.
- Makes recommendations for local management interview and delivers employment offers.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, etc.).
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Completes weekly report on employment activity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time position; days of work are Monday through Friday.
This position requires up to 5% travel.
- At least two years of prior full-cycle recruiting experience.
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems
- Strong sourcing skills including Boolean and other strategic ways to attract applicants.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Reliability, self-discipline and strong work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform work assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Capacity for sound business judgments and decisions including seeking guidance where needed
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be results and metric-driven individual
- High school diploma
- Bachelor's degree preferred'degree in Human Resources a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our merit based salary/bonus program offers exceptional growth opportunities. We provide a comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, wellness benefit, short term disability plan, paid vacation and a 401(k) retirements savings plan.
To submit your resume for immediate consideration, please apply online. Once you complete the application, you will receive an email to complete an online assessment. Completion of this assessment is required to be considered for this role.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 1954, R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. is a dynamic, North American distributor of industrial supplies. With 50 warehouse sites in the United States and Mexico , we maintain an extensive inventory of adhesives, abrasives, electrical, static control, tapes, labeling and safety products. We are proud to represent products from leading manufacturing companies including 3M, Henkel Loctite, General Electric, Brady, Kimberly Clark, Ansell Edmont, and many others. We specialize in sales and service solutions to manufacturing companies in both OEM and MRO applications.
Applicants for all job openings will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.