San Francisco, CA | eCommerce Team | Reports to the VP, Digital
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we're on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don't have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where we need help
We are looking for a marketing leader to accelerate the already significant impact our app has in building relationships with our customers. The role will be responsible for leading our app ecosystems's adoption and engagement, and working across teams and functions to enhance app experience for our customers. This role is apt for an individual who has the passion and curiosity for going granular and reviewing campaign performance whilst having the ability to look holistically across; has the growth mindset to continually explore opportunities for incrementality whilst not losing sight of existing partner marginal growth opportunities.
What does the job entail?
- Establish, implement and measure the effectiveness of mobile app paid advertising initiatives to drive adoption and engagement of a mobile app.
- Demonstrate ability to work at the planning level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth via paid and owned channels) and at the tactical level (managing advertising campaign execution, creating and optimising campaigns, analysing traffic data and solving problems).
- Oversee and continue to improve tracking, attribution, and overall data access to analyse key metrics including cost to acquire, quality of the traffic by source, and return on investment.
- Provide complete performance reporting and analysis on all mobile marketing campaigns and take relevant action on insights gained.
- Collaborate closely with technical, commercial, and support teams to manage simultaneous time sensitive projects.
- Demonstrated ability to create innovative new marketing programs and/or partnerships that generate results (paid and owned).
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 5-7 years of work experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility; a track record of successfully leading and driving business decisions with data & analysis required.
- Previous experience of working with real-time-bidding, performance marketing (mobile app marketing, search, display, social, etc.) and therefore comfortable with undertaking granular analysis and challenging convention
- A proven ability to maintain a balance between innovation and execution. Must be able to think outside the box while also staying realistic about what is possible given the constraints of time, money and organizational will
- Excellent team building skills and proven experience of leading diverse team
- Analytically and curious minded with the ability to analyze complex data and make clear strategic recommendations
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate at all levels, including crisp and compelling verbal and written executive communication; able to formulate and articulate strategic goals
- Experience with Test and Learn approach to drive performance
- A tendency to listen more and talk less. A preference for teamwork and collaboration over individual achievement
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and to deliver quality results within tight timelines.
- Master's degree in business, finance, or related quantitative fields (Economics, Math, Statistics, or Engineering)
- Proficient in paid search, paid social and display/programmatic platforms such as AdWords, FB Business Manager, Google Analytics, and Tag Management Solutions.
- Data sleuth - SQL experience strongly preferred (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determines data reasonableness based on business insight). Extremely comfortable with data driven business management and related tools/technology (Python, Snowflake, Looker, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial spirit - we have a team full of passionate and skilled individuals who like tackling challenges
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Employee perks on shoes and apparel
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT Professional, employment-related, or schooling information. Current or past job history, performance evaluations, and educational background, including grades and transcripts. How We Use Your Information For professional, internal analysis, or employment-related purposes, including job applications.