YOU make the difference!
As our business continues to expand, we are looking to hire individuals that want to be among the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
We offer the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing and evolving company. Our company culture allows employees to feel empowered, to be heard, and to make an impact.
The Licensed Agent communicates directly with agents and insureds by answering telephone inquiries and making underwriting decisions based on established underwriting guidelines. This position utilizes computerized system(s) for risk evaluation information gathering and creates and evaluates data as necessary. This position is responsible for delivering “best in class” customer service and contribute to the quality of our policy underwriting and servicing. The successful Policy Services Representative exhibits strong interpersonal skills with a positive “can-do” attitude in collaboration with team members, while providing strong contributions to overall company and department success.
- Provides first line customer service contact for policy servicing activity utilizing call center Best Practices.
- Creates reports and makes underwriting decisions by securing information from policyholders, claimants, agents, or other parties. Affects policy underwriting by analyzing and inputting data via computerized systems.
- Handles billing transactions associated with new & renewal policies as well as interim endorsement changes.
- Accepts payments by phone and communicates account status to agents and policy holders; to include cancellation and reinstatement.
- Makes decisions for creating an opportunity to improve a customer’s experience by providing options to meet their needs, which can include a new quote or policy when necessary.
- Works within designated authority and refers inquiries from policyholders, agents, and others to the supervisory staff as needed.
- Implements and upholds all policies of Traders along with the willingness to work hard in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ensures all operations are consistent with the stated mission and direction set forth by Traders.
- Excellent people skills and ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with others, internally and externally.
- An understanding, and working knowledge of Word, Excel and other PC programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate good organizational and time management skills, while working with a sense of urgency.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prior experience in Insurance is required, Personal Lines Automobile a plus but not required.
- Math aptitude necessary to manually calculate payment details and communicate to agents and policy holders.
- Demonstrated customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Licensed P & C Agent required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is perferred but not required
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Traders employees also benefit from:
- Group Medical/Dental/Vision
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan
- Training and Career Development
- Opportunities for Advancement
Traders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.