The Graphic Designer defines, develops and delivers stunning creative solutions across a wide range of deliverables which result in delighted stakeholders at all levels. In this role you'll provide innovative and engaging ideas and designs through teamwork and a relentless focus on what’s best for Redbox.
- Collaborate with internal partners to deliver exceptional creative materials (concept to completion) that meet Redbox brand objectives via use of typography, photography, illustration and other appropriate medium
- Design and produce Redbox materials including: brand design, packaging, information graphics, promotional/campaign deliverables, product literature, sales materials, trade show/event signage, kiosk/POS materials, trade advertisements, user interfaces, etc.
- Interface with internal and external clients and resources offering quality creative solutions to these groups with an ability to understand, translate, and synthesize business goals and objectives
- Visualize concepts quickly and cleanly through sketching and other rapid prototyping methods
- Maintain a strong understanding of our products, target audience and competitor activities
- Follow existing team processes and file management procedures with an eye for contributing to efficiencies in the system
- Solicit ongoing growth and development mentorship from Creative leadership
- Develop and present storyboards, mockups and demos to effectively communicate ideas to all levels within Redbox
- Effectively manage own electronic assets, contribute to peer design critique, and attend product press checks
- Take on additional design projects as required to support creative services design team to be successful in managing workflow
Education & Experience
- High School Degree or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design/Arts preferred
- 2+ years of print graphic design experience within a design or advertising environment
- 2+ years of motion graphics and/or web design experience is a bonus
- While this position if focused primarily on print design, web experience is also desired
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong abilities in all aspects of the creative process from concept to completion
- Stellar conceptualization abilities when developing mockups and prototypes that communicate design solutions
- Strong ability to collaborate with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of design, typography, photography and color theory for both print and web
- Basic knowledge of printing process, paper stocks, and proofing methods
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other MAC-based design applications, Microsoft Word, Power Point, HTML, CSS, etc.
- Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Demonstrates a passion for great design
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Shows experience with diverse content
- Proves their ability with both print and web-based design
Sedentary work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)