Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.Summary: The Radiologic Technologist II is responsible for performing a wide variety of radiographic examinations, using both fixed and portable equipment including c-arms/surgery.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
Preferred Qualifications: Qualifications:
- This position requires additional training in imaging in the surgical suite related to specific surgeries, sterile field protection, promoting radiation safety to the patient and surgical staff, etc.
- Individuals in this position will work under limited supervision and must be able to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- They need to communicate and work well in the medical environment with much interaction with patients, fellow workers, physicians and others.
- They serve all segments of patient populations, including neonates, infants, children, adults and geriatric patients. There is regular exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Work hours can be irregular with the need to accept overtime or on call.
- The work is physically demanding with the need for long periods of standing, bending and/or lifting.
- Performs other duties as assigned and assists in other areas during low volume periods.
- Registered as a Radiologic Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- Valid Ohio License as a Radiographer
- Current Basic Life Support certification.
- Applicant has the ability to use a wide range of radiographic equipment, including mobile units and portable C-arm machines.
- Applicant has the willingness to learn new procedures and to operate new equipment.
- Applicant has the ability to deal tactfully and professionally with physicians, patients and coworkers.
- Applicant has the ability to tolerate much standing, bending and lifting.
- Applicant has the ability to work quickly and accurately.