Total Rewards (742)
Address: 1701 Mountain Industrial Boulevard, Stone Mountain, 30083
Beadles, KarenJob Posting #: 1834-2021 Status: Open For Hire Expected Start Date: 07/26/2021 Date Posted: 07/13/2021 Last Change Date: 07/13/2021 Expires: Until Filled Shift Time: Full Time Days/Yr: 246 Hrs/Day: 8.000
Location Comments: The DeKalb County School District is seeking and professional Leave Administration Specialist II. Job Description: The material contained herein is subject to change. All open positions offered by the DeKalb County School District are subject to specific job requirements. The DeKalb County School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all hiring decisions are subject to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Title: Specialist II, Leave Administration
Under general supervision, oversees and administers employee leave requests in accordance with district policy and leave regulations under the guidelines of the federal Family Medical Leave Act, state and local leave laws. Understands the aspects of leave within the district including but not limited to FMLA, Military, Jury Duty, Medical, Bereavement, and Professional Leave.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides guidance to supervisors, timekeepers, and employees regarding the need for a leave of absence; Provides information, procedures for leaves, and the interaction of leave laws with paid time off; Maintains FML and related leave records; monitors employee cases, dates, and payroll status.
- Administers the FMLA leave process from the employees’ initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as FMLA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Prepares and/or processes documents and written materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, spreadsheets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from an extended leave, workers compensation, or other leave(s).
- Drafts and/or recommends revisions to leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Provides in-service training on leave procedures to supervisors, timekeepers, and other employees. Interprets and explains procedures, related rules, and prepares special reports as required.
- Stays abreast of relevant laws including FMLA, ADA, and HIPPA Privacy for the purpose of ensuring compliance with legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Maintains familiarity with medical terminology.
- Maintains computer records for the purpose of monitoring employees on leave.
- Monitors and advices employees on use of the different types of paid leave. Correspond with the necessary follow-up procedures and collaborate with insurance team and supervisors with information regarding staff on leave.
- Generates and analyzes employee leave history and leave accrual reports upon request.
- Monitors absence reporting system to confirm employees are entering sick leave.
- Gathers relevant facts, and resolves both routine and complex cases, applying appropriate legal standards; provides employee leave records for open records requests and Department of Labor investigations; and researches disputed cases related to absences and leaves.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or equivalent completed college coursework from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university required.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in human resources, benefits or closely related field required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS: None.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
(1) Select a job posting via the PATS website @ pats.dekalbschoolsga.org; (2) Complete an on-line application; and (3) Submit the required documents. Please check your “To Do List” for a list of requirements. Documents underlined in blue can be attached. All other documents must be submitted to Human Resources.
The following information will be requested during the course of the online application. Failure to provide full information will disqualify your application from consideration.Application Security Minimum eReference Common Preferred Post Preferred
The DeKalb County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability in any of its employment practices, educational programs, services or activities. Individuals who desire accommodations on the basis of a disability should contact any Human Resources Administrator.