About Grainger Grainger is North America's leading Maintenance Repair & Operating provider and we are the 10th largest North American E-commerce player with over 50% of our revenue coming from online transactions. Within our Grainger Technology Group (GTG), we use technology to support the ever-changing and dynamic needs of a supply chain carrying 1.5 million products and an employee base of 25,000+ nationwide. We provide technology solutions across the enterprise including our call centers, branch network, sales, and multiple digital channels. The team supports over 1000 applications across the network and operates in an agile environment to create complex solutions quickly and seamlessly. GTG is a team of 500+ and is comprised of Infrastructure and Operations, Security, Insights, Data Engineering and Analytics, Platform and Product Engineering and are built in a way to support our dynamic customer landscape.
Position Details: Grainger's technology group is looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to lead a diverse team of full stack engineers, quality engineers, and data engineers. You will focus on providing Grainger customers with deep insights and recommendations that help them to improve their spend. This unique and exciting role combines software engineering and data engineering. You have extensive experience designing and building on the public cloud, success in building products from scratch, and a strong base in software engineering with some exposure to data science and data engineering. Familiarity with data visualization and reporting concepts are a plus. You can be based in either downtown Chicago or Lake Forest, Illinois and will report to the Senior Director, Information Management.
Who You Are:
- At least 5 years hands-on experience architecting and building on the public cloud (AWS Preferred but open to GCP or Azure)
- Familiarity with Java and basic Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, Kotlin, or Spring Boot)
- Lead a team of full-stack, back-end and front-end engineers (bonus if you have led both offshore and on-shore teams)
- Familiarity with data integration, big data, and data warehouse projects
- Experience with web application front-end frameworks (Svelte, React, Angular, …)
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (i.e. Git, Jenkins, etc..)
- Experience working with containerization (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with an eCommerce platform
- Experience integrating data science-driven use cases
Rewards and Benefits: With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.