Senior Accounts Receivable & Mortgage Specialist Department:
Accounting Reports to:
Accounting Manager FLSA Status:
Exempt Pay Rate:
$55,000-60,000 COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Paul Davis Restoration of Northern Virginia (PDR Nova) is part of a $1.2 Billion national franchise organization that provides residential and commercial emergency and restoration services for property owners due to water, fire, mold, storm or other disasters. The nation’s leading Disaster Recovery and Restoration Specialist, Paul Davis Restoration, wants passionate individuals who excel in a team-oriented work environment. We are a high energy, high performing, and fast-growing company looking for exceptional professionals. If you want to go from good to great, you want to be here! For Veterans:
Paul Davis Restoration of Northern Virginia is an Official V3 Certified (Virginia Values Veterans) company and a strong supporter of hiring Veterans! JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Accounts Receivables/Mortgage Specialist is a key member of the Accounting Team and ensures that everything relating to accounts receivable collections and mortgage funds is handled in a smooth, thorough, and efficient manner. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
Include the following but not limited to: · Interacts with customers (calls / letters / statements), as per company guidelines, to resolve outstanding issues and collect past due amounts; identify reasons for non-payment and assist in developing plans to resolve issues.
- Manages past due collections follow-up with Accounts Receivable Specialist.
- Facilitates the creation, distribution, and recording of monthly customer statements sent.
- Creates and distributes monthly accounts receivable delinquent report and requests monthly updates from operation teams to determine best collection methods for delinquent accounts.
- Prepares delinquent account file and submits accounts to soft collection vendor. Manages disputes with soft collections vendor.
- Prepares documentation to support legal collections. Is liaison with collection attorney regarding legal collections, including providing testimony in delinquent account court proceedings. Tracks legal collection accounts and payments.
- Serves as mortgage claim liaison between customers, operations staff, mortgage, and insurance companies. Educates customer on mortgage claim process and facilitates mortgage paperwork, inspections, and release of mortgage funds. Daily follow-up with customers and mortgage companies to move paperwork, requirements, and distribution of funds to completion.
- Updates and distributes weekly mortgage report to operations staff and managers. Attends operations team meetings to discuss mortgage funds issues.
· Education: AA degree in Business or Accounting · Experience: Three to four years of experience with high volume cash receipts DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Exceptional customer service; ability to handle client issues with confidence, patience, and poise
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, yet consistently perform in an efficient manner.
- Must be proficient with at Microsoft Office, Word, & Excel.
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Sedentary work – primarily involves sitting/standing· Repetitive motion -Repetitive motion that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.· Close visual acuity – assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned· Talking – communicating with others to exchange information or expressing ideas and ability to receive information through oral communication. Be able to distinguish sound.· Environment – no adverse environmental conditions expected EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Paul Davis Restoration is committed to the principles of equal employment. We believe that our continued success depends on the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, alien status, age or citizenship status, veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. AT WILL EMPLOYMENT:
Your employment with Paul Davis Restoration of Northern Virginia is at-will and either party can terminate the relationship at any time with or without notice. Any offer of employment is conditional upon successful completion of a background screening.