The Small and Mid-Sized Business (SMB) and Business to Consumer (B2C) Marketplaces Technology Team in Wholesale Payments is focused on providing innovative banking solutions that will accelerate financial digitization and facilitate the growth and operational efficiency of small businesses, marketplaces and gig economies as well as serve as a catalyst for the financial recovery and growth of small and medium businesses globally. JP Morgan Chase processes trillions of dollars a day and settles some of the most critical global financial transactions.
We are passionate advocates for delivering software solutions that create real and measurable business value. We value creative innovators who are analytical thinkers with a bias for action that solves problems. We use design thinking and agile processes to ensure that what we build aligns with the market's rapidly evolving expectations. When you join us, you will be part of a global team of inspiring and curious technologists that are dedicated to modern software delivery processes like continuous delivery, operational visibility and automation. In addition to your strong technical expertise, you will be expected to speak up when you see opportunities for improvement as well as engage in active learning to keep your skills fresh.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
What we do everyday matters to the individuals, small businesses and companies that we serve.
The Application Owner is an accountability construct. They are member of the Application Development team who is accountable for the overall health of an application and for ensuring sufficient support services to develop, enhance and maintain a stable, current, high quality and secure application. Official assignment of Application Owner for an application is done in SEAL (Standards, Engineering & Architecture Library)
- Develop and maintain application that delivers business and technology strategy goals
- Deliver code that is designed as per technical and architectural best practices, coding standards and risk/compliance mandates
- Deliver code that is fully tested in integration, QA and UAT environments and meets testing standards/thresholds defined by CB (and firm wide as applicable)
- Code review practices are followed using appropriate means to capture evidence (Most common practice for applications using Bitbucket is to create Pull requests for merging code)
- Develop and maintain application targets and roadmaps in sync with business goals, technical and architecture best practices, and compliance and risk mandates
- Define the expense and capacity requirements of the roadmap and work with management, finance and Architecture to align funding and priorities (adjust Roadmap if necessary)
- Understand broad industry trends from a technical and product perspective and adjust our target and roadmap accordingly.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of cloud (private/public, AWS) and virtualization / VM's
- APIs, and modern software languages (Java preferred, but will consider others)
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Experience working across large environments with multiple stakeholders and technology environments.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to face-off with senior level business sponsorship.
- 5+ years working with infrastructure, and project management.
- Experience with infrastructure financial analysis, forecasting, planning and estimation modeling.
- Understanding or have experience with Agile and Lean methodologies
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goal
Tech Stack and Essential skills:
- Core Java versed in Java 1.8 and above
- Spring Boot
- REST or RPC, microservice based architectures
- JSON, JS
- SQL/relational datamodels with experience in Cassandra, Cockroach and noSQL structure a plus.,
- CI/CD - Git, Jenkins, Pipelines
- RDMS - Resiliency
- Application Development
- FastExchange Portal
- PLM - Patching
- Application Scans and Production Tollgates
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans