The Engineer will be an active member of a small team performing Operations and Maintenance (O&M) on a data processing system. This system plays a key role in critical customer tests as well as providing tertiary support to operational systems located at the customer’s facility. The system is comprised of DELL/EMC servers in a cloud environment, EMC Network Attached storage, and commercial off-the-shelf hardware. The system performs analysis, data filtering, and provides statistical information and/or raw data to the users. The system is responsible for automated and manual distribution of files to geographically diverse locations. The customer requires Security+ certification and a polygraph. The engineer does not have to have Security + to be hired, but must obtain the certification within 3 months of being hired to hold the position. The engineer will be a privileged user. Opportunity to address system problems or enhancements through Java coding. Experience with Perl and bash programming would be helpful, but not required.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performing daily system checks to ensure optimum system performance
- Performing data analysis through a web-based user interface and/or using offline tools, scripts, or other applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel) fulfill user requests
- Writing or modifying existing scripts (primarily Perl and Bash) to improve operator and/or system efficiency, adding new functionality, fulfilling analyst and customer requests, and/or address existing script errors or extend their capabilities
- Working closely with the system developer and TIER 2 personnel in writing or modifying existing Java code to fix system issues or to improve system operability and/or performance with the potential to perform new development
- Briefing users, customers, or customer representatives on the system
- Performing system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Updating/Modifying SQL database tables as needed
- Performing system administration on CentOS Linux and ensuring system is at the latest patch level.
CANDIDATES PLEASE NOTE: The Program requires O&M personnel to wear a pager during test periods lasting five to seven months. There is typically 18 to 24 months between test periods. Pager duty is rotated among the team members during test support periods on a weekly basis.
Additionally, the system is moving from older Oracle/SUN servers in a standalone environment to the DELL EMC servers mentioned above in a cloud compute environment with some program unique equipment. Due to the small team construct, the candidate should be willing to lead the team when the team lead is not available.
- Candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance. Candidate must have a polygraph within the last 10 years (CI or FS)
- Security+ certification (or obtain certification within 3 months of hire)
- Working knowledge of UNIX OS
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- CentOS Linux
Required Education: Minimum 5 years’ work experience and Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Salary: In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $70,000 to $150,000; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Required Education (including Major): BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related STEM degree
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.187770
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.