TVH is seeking an energetic, attentive, and fun TVH Kids Classroom Aid with a passion for and experience with working in an educational environment to collaborate with Lead Teachers and Parents on providing instruction and ensuring that all children are safe, happy and are in an educational environment abiding by KDHE compliance and carrying out the modified Montessori curriculum in Olathe, KS.
TVH is a dynamic, successful international company with a clear vision on customer & employee centricity. We are passionate about fostering a challenging & rewarding environment for our employees which promotes teamwork, growth & development, creativity and initiative. Visit our careers page to learn more about the unique benefits offered by TVH and take our virtual tour.
Why you’ll love TVH
- Purpose Driven: TVH is a purpose driven organization, we Keep You Going and Growing.
- Career Advancement: We have job levels and career paths established for all our warehouse positions and TVH is committed to filing a minimum 33% of our open positions each year with internal candidates.
- Benefits: In addition to our onsite preschool & free Health Clinic, we offer 5 BCBS medical plans to choose from, Vision, Dental, Company paid Short & Long Term Disability & Basic Life Insurance, a 401(k) plan with a 6% company match, employee discounts and more.
- Employee Centered: TVH also offers a variety of employee centered benefits as part of our wellness programming including an onsite gym, chiropractor, masseuse, as well as educational and recreational programs throughout the year.
- Connects with students to ensure a positive, educational and developmental environment
- Assists teacher in maintaining a clean and safe classroom environment for children
- Assists teacher in delivering lesson plans for children to develop their social, emotional, physical and intellectual skills
- Assist teacher with observation of children
- Treat all children unconditionally and with same importance level
- Assist teacher with teaching children inside and outside of the classroom
- Establish and maintain a harmonious relationship with teacher, assistances and TVH Kids Co. staff and parents
- Remain current in KDHE regulations and requirements
- Performs other duties as many be assigned
Knowledge & Skills
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 months childcare or babysitting experience
- Ability to learn and adhere to state requirements for KDHE programs
- Demonstrated experience with creating and maintaining a safe haven for children to grow and develop socially and academically
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in an effective, positive manner with staff members, children and parents in a team environment
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents, and children
- Must be team oriented, possess a positive attitude and collaborate effectively with others
- Must meet KDHE guidelines for facilities licensed for less than 100 children
- Successful completion of KBI Background Check and medical screening
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In an emergency, must be able to assist everyone out of danger including lifting, carrying, and moving all of the children to safety which may consist of lifting 50+lbs.
- High school diploma or GED
Start the Conversation
Apply Now! TVH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We look to create an inclusive environment that challenges, inspires, rewards and transforms our team to be the best of the best.