How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Office of Student Conflict Resolution (OSCR), a unit in the division of Student Life, offers a spectrum of conflict resolution pathways that are educationally focused, student-centered, community owned, restorative and are structured to meet the needs of individuals experiencing conflict.
You will provide oversight and coordination of essential day-to-day administrative operational tasks. You will be an important contributor to the OSCR mission to build trust, promote justice and teach peace.
Click here to view full job description.
Administrative Process Coordination (30%)
- Manage unit front desk operation, delivering high-level customer service in compliance with federal law
- Coordinate unit response to requests for disciplinary records, educational records, and subpoenas
- Schedule those looking for OSCR services
- Create administrative files and databases
- Manage scheduling and meeting management at the direction of Director and Associate Director
- Provide coordination for monitoring of office email communication
- Provide supervision for student staff
Programmatic Process Coordination (25%)
- Help coordinate case management
- May facilitate case work and participate in educational workshops through the OSCR cross-training model
- Provide recommendations and data relevant to develop a comprehensive annual report
Operational Resource and Facilities Management (25%)
- Coordinate the use and maintenance of facilities, services, resources, and equipment (e.g. xerox printer)
- Liaison for mail distribution
- Coordinate events, seminars, meetings including reserving venue and catering correspondence, registration, and materials
- Coordinate office access management and office space use
- Liaison for Planet Blue
- Provide coordination for software procurement and implementation
- Liaison with building facilities management
- Liaison at Key Admin meetings with responsibility for distribution of information
- Ensure coordination and monitoring of office coverage required during normal hours of operation, including the coordination of office opening
Procurement & Financial (10%)
- Support purchasing needs of the department
- Prepare and process travel and expense reports
- Review and verify vendor invoices and University payment forms
- May provide budgetary support for OSCR Director and Associate Director
Human Resources (10%)
- Administrative support for departmental hiring, including: job posting, resume categorizing, search committee meeting scheduling, interview scheduling and hire paperwork
- Coordinate Student and Temporary Hiring with Student Life Human Resources and contribute to onboarding and ongoing training
- Shared responsibility with program managers in developing job posting, interview questions, interviewing and hiring of student staff
- Create student staff work schedules, approve time keeping documentation student staff
- May represent unit at divisional meetings dedicated to HR and Financial processes
Additional responsibilities as assigned by OSCR Director and OSCR Associate Director.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum 2 years administrative experience
- Knowledge of general HR practices
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
Salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and education of the selected candidate.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.
Job Opening ID
Administrative Operations Lead
Administrative Assistant Inter
Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
Dsa Central Administ
Posting Begin/End Date
11/19/2021 - 12/03/2021
$38,100.00 - $43,000.00