The KPC Way:
The KPC Team strives to take the 9 to 5 “grind” out of the workplace and create a more efficient and overall healthier work environment. KPC has been in business since 2008 and is headquartered in Melbourne, FL. We provide training and development, information technology, assessment, and coaching services. Our respected, confident, and, agile team is passionately driven to always deliver superior results through innovative, nimble, and responsive solutions to help you and our clients THRIVE! If you are ready to make a difference in a dynamic work environment, KPC is your team.
Currently, we are looking for three (3) Terminal Custodians.
Full Time Day shift: 6:30am to 3:00pm
Full Time Night Shift: 3:00pm to 11:00pm
This position is located at Melbourne Orlando International Airport in Melbourne, FL.
- Operates/maintains assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high-pressure washers, high-speed buffers, vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Cleans office areas, stairways, jetways, and elevators
- Washes walls and mirrors
- Safely uses ladders when required in work assignments
- Secures building when facilities are not in use; checks for unlocked doors and windows and reports any unauthorized occupants
- Follows instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies
- Performs cleaning and related activities such as removing debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas within buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment
- Moves furniture, equipment, supplies, and tools on an incidental basis
- Washes accessible interior and exterior windows and blinds
- Assists with cleaning supplies and paper product inventory control
- Safely operates all vehicles and other job-related equipment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months commercial office cleaning or janitorial experience
- This position requires heavy lifting
- Experience with the application of various cleaning chemicals
- Must possess a valid State of Florida Driver License
- Must be able to pass Federal fingerprint-based criminal background check
- Must attend FAA Security Standards Class and successfully pass a test with a minimum score of 70
- Must be able and willing to work various shifts, weekends, and holidays
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment operation to complete the above tasks
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English
- Ability to understand written and oral directives
- Ability to get along with the public in a fast-paced airport environment
What KPC Offers You:
As Difference Makers, we want you to make a difference in all areas of your life. We offer:
- The understanding of having a life outside of work. KPC gives you the ability to pursue passions outside of work and to spend time with the people you love.
- A competitive wage, above the industry average.