About Rifle Paper Co.
Rifle Paper Co. is a growing lifestyle brand that creates moments of beauty in the real world through thoughtfully designed products. Founded in 2009 by married couple Anna and Nathan Bond, our team has expanded to more than 150 employees across our Florida and New York offices. Our stationery, home decor, and accessories can be found at riflepaperco.com, Anthropologie, Paper Source, and in thousands of locations all over the world.
About the Job
The QC Manager will be responsible to ensure all RPC products meet the brand’s quality standard and product integrity. They will establish protocols for quality control by implementing QC policy and inspection requirement, both with external suppliers and internal inspection team. They will be responsible to hire and manage a team of in-house inspectors and oversee the day to day inspection responsibilities of the department.
What You’ll Do
- Thorough understanding of the quality requirements of all RPC products. Work closely with Sourcing and Production to set the QC requirements / acceptance level of each product group. Communicate requirements to all suppliers. Able to set appropriate in region AQL and then set related inspection ratio when products arrive at our warehouse.
- Manage a team of in-house inspectors to make sure all QC tasks are performed on a timely and professional manner. Record and analyze statistics / data of rejected product and provide feedback to suppliers directly. Hires, evaluates, schedules and train all QC staff.
- Hands on product inspection with team, if needed.
- Partner closely cross functionally and understand priorities. Able to recommend both efficient and effective in-house inspection schedule.
- In-depth understanding of Rifle Paper Co.’s production calendar. Follow up with all suppliers regarding all QC check points including final inspection reports on a timely manner.
- Conduct Risk Assessment meeting once products are finalized for the season. Communicates quality control requirements cross functionally.
- Work closely with the logistic team regarding pack out to ensure all products arrive to the warehouse in the best condition.
- Understand the Quality control process of each of our suppliers. Able to recommend modifications to optimize quality standards.
- In depth understanding of the strength and weakness of each of our suppliers. Monitor their performance and participate in annual Supplier Evaluation process with valid data.
- Meet regularly with the customer service team for feedback from consumers. Able to make suggestions on how to improve for upcoming orders / reorders.
What You Have
- 5+ years of industry experience, include managing an inspection team and perform hands on product inspection. Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talent.
- Experience with consumer products. Prefer experience with print products and gifts.
- Experience working with overseas’ suppliers strongly preferred.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- PTO and paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance plans
- A 401(k) program with a company match
- Company-sponsored social events, like catered lunches and holiday parties
- A generous employee discount to use on our products and collaborations