- Experience working or leading large-scale enterprise transformation projects, particularly at Fortune 500 companies.
- Possess 20+ years of progressive technology implementation experience in IT/business leadership and customer-facing roles.
- Breadth of expertise in Cloud Computing/AWS platform, technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of Enterprise IT, including strategy, business architecture, governance, operations, Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE), and DevOps.
- Hands-on experience in consulting engagements.
Are you a business leader that has helped reinvent a large organization using public cloud platforms, with a strong emphasis on the people side of transformation? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact programs and initiatives that are cross-organizational? Are you excited about helping customers get the best out of their organizational culture, leveraging the power of cloud, and introducing new ways of working? Do you have experience leading business transformation across diverse enterprise teams driving change and business value at enterprise scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are seeking outcome driven and customer obsessed Consultants who possess cloud transformation and people impact subject matter expertise with large-enterprise Management Consulting backgrounds and knowledge of digital/ cloud transformation to join the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) People & Change (P&C) global specialty practice. P&C Consultants help the world’s largest enterprises successfully navigate the myriad changes to business and IT capabilities, processes, and workforce that enterprises encounter when adopting the AWS platform at enterprise scale as they transition from operating their businesses in on-premise datacenters to the cloud.
In this role, you will work with a limited number of strategic accounts and lead enterprise transformation strategy from a People & Change perspective, across a broader team of cross functional resources. You will engage with enterprise customers and their partners to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios and develop blueprints for enterprise operating models, ultimately driving adoption of the AWS platform, and transforming their organization and IT landscape. This role partners with Account Managers, ProServe Engagement Managers, Solution Architects and Solutions Delivery Managers, owning the ‘People & Change’ aspects of transformation engagements in an account, and the corresponding executive relationships (e.g. CTO, CIO, Director of Cloud Strategy, etc.).
You will also contribute to the development and management of the ProServe People & Change GSP’s portfolio of engagements, standards for delivery excellence, and support go to market strategies in partnership with global Sales & Account Management teams, ProServe Practice Managers, Customer Success Managers, territory leaders, etc. You will cross-functionally work with practice teams around the globe, PS Leadership team, Commercial management team, solution architecture, operations, finance, marketing, and Customer Stakeholders.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Customer Engagement Delivery and Support
o Advise C-level executives, technical and business professionals on organizational transformation challenges and best practices.
o Identify cultural accelerators to cloud adoption and opportunities to reduce organizational blockers.
o Advise on organizational strategy, to drive the right change at the right time along the transformation journey.
o Introduce mechanisms for adoption at scale, such as People & Change methods, Cloud and DevOps enablement functions, Centers of Excellence, Experience-based Accelerators, and training & enablement strategies.
o Collect lessons learned from Enterprise customers and influence future iterations of the P&C best practices.
o Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the field/ engagement teams/ delivery teams/ workstream leads where People & Change methods are being delivered to ensure it aligns with P&C methods and best practices.
o Deliver in AWS methodology and mechanisms to enhance solution quality.
o Engage with customer stakeholders, consultants and contractors for project set up, delivery, and closure.
§ Solution Development and Practice Management
o Support go to market launches and overall adoption of the portfolio, including working with sales teams, ProServe Practice Managers, internal/external stakeholders.
o Proactively identify and resolve portfolio issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and business goals.
o Engage in a continuous feedback loop with Shared Delivery Teams and other consultants to inform continuous improvement of solution offerings.
o Design new solution offerings and iterate on existing ones.
o Contribute to practice development initiatives including culture building, internal community involvement, eminence, recruiting, whitepapers, etc.
This is a customer facing role. You are required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Masters/ MBA degree preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Previous Big Consulting experience.
- Possess AWS experience and certifications.
- Managed and delivered IT engagements for large, Enterprise customers.
- Knowledgeable on AWS partner ecosystem and Enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Led a cloud migration initiative as an AWS customer or consulting with a customer in their own IT transformation.
- Experience in Organizational Change Management consulting and one or more of the following transformation practice areas: IT consulting, Leadership Advisory, Culture, Cloud-based IT transformation.
- Experience with Agile Enterprise IT Management frameworks (e.g. SAFe ®, ITIL ® Sigma, Agile/SCRUM processes, etc.)
- Must be flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization, adept at managing multiple workstreams.
- Must enjoy spending time with customers (internal and external) and other market representatives to understand their needs, and to define innovative solutions that meet the end customer’s requirements
- Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
- Expert ability in managing executive Customer relationships (CxO, CIO, COO) and business stakeholders within a customer organization.
- Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.