WELCOME TO THE SEAPORT SCRIPPS HOME HEALTH FAMILY!
At Seaport Scripps Home Health, we believe that a career in healthcare the noblest of professions. Great clinical operations leadership makes home health possible. They help us fulfill our mission to provide LIFE CHANGING SERVICE to our patients and their families.
Our team is trained and motivated to deliver superior clinical outcomes and high patient and family satisfaction. It is through our team’s dedication to deliver life changing service that we be become the “provider of choice” in the community that we serve.
A career with Seaport Scripps Home Health requires a commitment to making work fun and CELEBRATING successes; delivering and holding each other to the HIGHEST STANDARDS of care and professionalism; continual LEARNING; treating others as PEOPLE whose interest matter as much as our own; being innovative while using GOOD JUDGEMENT. One other thing about our work culture; we know that in order for our patients to receive the care they deserve, we to put our EMPLOYEE’S FIRST.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Critical illness benefit
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
The physical therapist contracted or employed through the Organization is responsible for providing physical therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Personnel Services Agreement.
Coverage Territory: North County
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but will not be limited to:
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM—potential for rehab.
- Directing physical therapy treatment.
- Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy
- Reporting to physician patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
- Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or master’s program in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization.
- Licensed to practice as physical therapist within California.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Seaport Scripps Home Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Seaport Scripps Home Health is a subsidiary of the Pennant Group network with 300+ locations throughout the country. We offer the best of both worlds – The backing and stability of a proven healthcare “giant”, with the permission to operate as locally as if it were our own San Diego based business.
What makes us unique besides our culture of high performers and exceptional care? At Seaport Scripps Home Health, we foster an environment where clinicians and staff members have an unprecedented level of freedom to create and implement the programs that will best serve their patients and communities. We offer the only all-in-one approach to post-hospital healthcare services in San Diego.
We operate with the Core Values as our guide:
- Passion for Learning
- Love One Another
- Intelligent Risk Taking
- Customer Second
About Seaport Scripps Home Health
We bring the care to you! No matter how complex or simple the medical issue at hand, our experienced and specially trained professionals will create a carefully crafted treatment plan with a focus on achieving the very best outcome. Our goal is to always deliver exceptional care right in the comfort of your own home so you are able to remain safe at home to heal or age in place.
Job types: Full-time, Part-time
Education: No education required
Work location: On-site