Update and maintain underwriting guidelines to meet profitability goals, considering the existing market, emerging issues and Church Mutual’s corporate environment. Assist Product Services in the development of new products through developing underwriting guidelines to address the new product exposure. Communicate new and changing guidelines to the department and develop metrics to track adherence to the changes. Provide leadership and technical expertise in the development of training programs for technical and professional development. Be a resource to the underwriting department providing technical expertise and guidance on guidelines and exposure analysis. Assist in the underwriting audit function to ensure adherence to the underwriting guidelines.
- Experience in developing and implementing training programs is desired
- Department-level project management experience to include the use of formal project management methodology is preferred
- Strong written/verbal presentation and listening skills
- Organized, analytical and self-motivated with ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to manage projects from design to implementation
- Ability to provide technical and leadership expertise in the development of training programs
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate with peers and others
- Demonstrated desire and commitment to continually learn, accept new challenges and strive for personal improvement
- Eight to ten years in the Property and Casualty industry with a minimum of three to five in an underwriting role
- Experience in developing and implementing functional training programs is desired.
- Department‑level project management experience to include the use of formal project management methodology is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- CPCU or evidence of continuing education in the insurance industry
Church Mutual Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.