The IT Support Specialist II provides support services to local and remote internal users for software, applications, hardware, and telecommunications related issues. In this role you will troubleshoot core bank applications, Microsoft operating system, applications, hardware errors, and Operating System. Additional responsibilities include collecting detailed information from users, opening tickets, performing triage, and resolving or escalating issues related to new hardware/software requests, network, application software and telecommunications to the appropriate staff.
- Focused on support and mentoring of Support Specialist I so that first call resolution is achieved and hold times for users are limited.
- Maintain the Technical Support Software (ServiceNow) by identifying trends and accurately capturing details to enable the incident Management function to improve IT processes and systems through accurate reporting. Create and update documentation on established Technical Support procedures and processes, problem resolution steps, and escalation procedures. Make recommendations to management on updates and changes needed
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware, software, operating system, mobility, and telecommunication issues.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents with respect to networking and desktop environments, including LANs, WANs, remote access, and VPNs.
- Perform diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions to correct common failures utilizing remote access tools.
- Responsible for performing installations and configuring computers/laptops using standard processes and tools.
- Partner in a 24X5 global support team. May be required to be on-call during specific times/projects. Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within the organization.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities - knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- Will be expected to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
- College degree in information technology preferred or the equivalent in vocational training.
- Previous practical experience in a personal computer network environment. Including hardware and software configuration, directory tree structure, Windows Messaging services, Active Directory, and Internet Explorer.
- Minimum of three years of IT related Help Desk experience required.
- Minimum of 12 - 18 months of Support Specialist I or Tier 1 experience.
- A+ certification required. MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) certification preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office software package, Active Directory, and system management tools. Proficient in MS Office Suite, Enterprise Networks, banking computer system, and print device troubleshooting in a networked environment.
- Possess outstanding customer service skills and the ability to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to perform basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions to correct common failures utilizing remote access tools.
- Demonstrate continuing education through independent studies, monthly subscriptions and periodicals.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Office environment - no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
- Occasional travel may be required
About Us We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways - always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank. Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.